The Kingman Municipal Court is located in a building constructed in 1896 and formerly known as The Little Red School House where grades 1st - 8th attended school until 1928. After the students moved to a new location, the building served many groups: The Catholic Missionaries and the Christian Science Church; The Elks Lodge; and it housed the Ration Board during WWII to name a few. At the end of the war, the Chamber of Commerce moved in along with a Public Library.
In 1974, the building was placed on the Register of Historic Buildings and with some internal remodeling, the Public Library became the sole occupant. As the library grew, there became a need for a new building and they moved out. By this time, the City of Kingman owned the building and, in 1992, decided to renovate the building and it has been home to the Municipal Court since.
Kingman Municipal Court Calendar is posted each day at 2:00pm. Please click here to view current calendar.
- Criminal Misdemeanor
- City Ordinances
- Orders of Protection
- Injunctions Against Harassment
|Court Room Policies and Procedures
- No firearms or weapons are permitted in the building
- No food or drink is allowed in the building
- Every person must check in at the front counter prior to entering the courtroom
- No children under 12 years of age will be allowed in the courtroom without prior approval
- These proceedings are electronically recorded
- The wearing of hats, colors, sunglasses and inappropriate clothing such as tank tops, swim suits, and shirts with profanity written on them is prohibited in the courtroom.